There're some pretty bad smells in the world, a dead rotting animal, month-old expired milk, the unisex bathroom for the 7-11 just off the New Jersey Turnpike, for example. While producing quite the vomit-inducing smells, they do not compare to the malodorous stench of my roommate's friend's feet.
Do you not smell them yourself and feel compelled to try and hide it? At all? I'm almost embarrassed for you. When you're sleeping on the couch of an apartment that you don't even live in, It's common courtesy to be as out of the way as possible. So, stinking up the entirety of the apartment does not quite qualify as being "out of the way."
I recently discovered that he's been stashing his sparse belongings in the closet where the water heater is also concealed. It was a chance finding, actually. And to be honest, I'm surprised I hadn't noticed it sooner. The stink had been seeping out from the cracks of the closet, only to be clouded by his wafting odor. I regrettably opened to the closet door to see what he had been stowing away. My god! When that door opened, I kid you not, my eyes watered, my knees gave way, and my stomach churned. I don't know how, but luckily my upchuck reflexes were stifled, keeping the smell of vomit out of the mix with feet.
Suffice it to say, I will not be sitting on that couch ever again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment